I’m happy to welcome you to our new iBird Blog. The idea for this blog came out of my frustration. Let me explain. First in case you’ve been sleeping under a rock (some birders I know actually sleep in what I bet you would agree is a cave) a “blog” is a way for a blogger (that would be me in this case) to write about stuff, publish it on the web, and have people leave comments about that stuff. So maybe now you can guess my frustration came from not having a good way to talk with our iBird customers. Its my hope this blog will allow me to communicate all kinds of interesting topics about iBird including:
- Cool things we are working on for future updates to iBird
- Answers important to all iBird customers
- New technology in birding, what I call “naturetech”
- The best places to bird, the best birding books to read, etc.
- What to do if you get a ticket for J-walking
Okay that last bullet was not serious but I want to make sure you are reading this, otherwise what’s the point?
I’ll publish this message to the blog and ask you all to leave comments. To give some direction to the comments, here are some of the things I would like to hear from you:
- Is this blog a good idea?
- What would you like me to post on the blog?
- What do you love and hate about iBird (when I say hate I mean it tongue in cheek; I will delete hate mail but I do want to know what you don’t like as well as what you do like.)
Thanks for taking the time to read this and hopefully leave some thoughts.
Publisher, Mitch Waite Group