We have decided to remove our three iBird HD apps from the store. If you own any of the iBird HD apps (Pro, Yard Plus or Lite) they will remain in the store for you to download anytime. But the apps will not longer be for sale to new customers.
In the next month we will be releasing a new app that will take the idea of High Resolution performance to a much higher level. This new HD app will only run on the iPad, e.g. it is not a universal app like our iBird product line. The new app has extraordinary features that go far beyond any mobile field guide app on the market. We think of it as the next generation of bird guides. This new uber app is designed not to compete with iBird; but rather to complement it. And therefore we won’t be using the iBird name in the app’s title.
We think you will be blown away when you see it. And we can’t wait to release this new app and find out what you think. Of course we have to wait, because the app must be approved by Apple. But we believe it will sail through the review process and that even Apple will be impressed.
- Location search has two attributes: Common for the most popular species in a state and Uncommon for rare and state listed birds.
- Attributes are grouped into basic, head and flight related area.
- 14 new search attributes including search by patterns, length, wingspan.
- Updated state and province bird lists using official references.
- Shake your device to automatically play a random bird song.
- Taxonomic and Alphabetical family sort options on Browse screen.
- LOVE this app!!!! ★★★★★ Fantastic app for ornithologists!! If you’re just starting out or are an experienced birdwatcher, this is a great app to have. -NJEmerald
- Great app, very thorough ★★★★★ I downloaded this app to study for my falconry exam. Although some other reviews say that this app is hard to use, if you read the tutorials it is quite simple. The pictures are great and the search filters are very clear. I love this app. Thank you IBird!! -IBird Pro HD
- WOW! LOVE IT!!! ★★★★★ The hardest thing about the app was figuring out which one to get for the ipad.
Within the first 15 minutes of playing with it I was able to identify a bird I’ve been looking at for 4 summers…could hear the song, but never see who was singing. Ibird nailed it by location, song, song pattern, and the bird turned up in front of me in less than 3 minutes. Woohoo.
I really like the search set up because you can quickly tap each bird on the list and see its range map-easy to sort through the birds in our area of the state at a glance. Was able to identify an owl by sound within 8 birds by location, owl shape, sorted visually by range map, song pattern. Done. Now I know who flew in last night in the middle of the night.
Pretty intuitive. This is going to be an awesome delight.
I want to identify birds I her in the woods but can’t see. I think the slideshow of birds and their songs will be a wonderful help to train my ear; will look into whether you can listen to all the songbirds in a region with the slideshow function.
We travel the county so the ipad will be with me everywhere along with my binocs.
Thanks for a SUPER app! -Rocks Bride
- This app has everything! ★★★★★ I love everything about this app! If you could add a few more bird calls, that would make it even better. -Zincott
- Great Bird App ★★★★★ Wow! I have been able to play with this App for about 2 weeks. I sit out on my patio, drink my morning coffee, and watch the birds at my Bird Feeder and elsewhere. I am retired and live in the country so I get to see a lot of birds. There have been 3 birds that I couldn’t recognize and used this app to ID all of them. The more you use it, the easier and less complicated it is. I may donate my bird books to our library. I do suggest you read the help file before getting serious. They are a great aid to searching and making favorites. -breese55
- Excellent ★★★★★ At first I found the interface limiting and cumbersome. Then I stumbled upon the landscape mode and how it allows quick selection of searched species with only a tap. Ooohhh–I get it now! Beautiful, robust, exhaustive, informative and very helpful. Also realize I’m the bird freak who will just read through this app Better than my field guide, which won’t play the calls like this will. -UnCulturedSwiney1